Treatment for Whiplash
The Mayo Clinic defines whiplash as, “a neck injury due to forceful, rapid back-and-forth movement of the neck, like the cracking of a whip. Whiplash most often occurs during a rear-end auto accident, but the injury can also result from a sports accident, physical abuse or other trauma.” Whiplash often needs treatment as it can cause neck pain, limited motion of the neck, dizziness and many other negative side affects. For help with questions – contact Kamerow Law.
What is the Treatment for Whiplash?
Treating whiplash may be multifaceted as you are trying to manage pain, and gain proper movement back for your neck. The cases vary from an easy recovery, to extremely difficult recovery.
Managing your pain:
- Ice or Heat- A Heating pad or ice packs are helpful tools for relieving pain.
- Pain medicine- Over the counter or prescription painkillers.
- R&R- Rest and Relaxation can be beneficial immediately after an accident.
- Muscle relaxants- these will help ease your pain and can aid in sleeping
Recovering your physical health
- Your doctor may give you series of neck stretches
- A Physical Therapist may be needed to make an individualized plan for your recovery exercises.
- Chiropractic care may help with joint or manipulating the spine to a better position.
- Massage can help sore muscles and tissues.
Clinics in Alexandria, VA that treat Whiplash
- Back To Health Center, Chiropractor · Prince St
- Ortho Virginia, Orthopedic Surgeon · Duke St
- Allied Chiropractic, Chiropractor · Duke St
- Hughes Steven S MD, Orthopedic Surgeon · Duke St
- Alexandria Massage Therapy, Massage Therapist · Prince St
- Virginia Family Chiropractic, Chiropractor · Duke St
- Rosa Family Chiropractic of Alexandria, Chiropractor · Duke St
- Potomac Physical Medicine, Chiropractor · N Henry St
- Belle Haven Family Chiropractic, Chiropractor · Belle Haven Rd
- American Physical Therapy Association, Association or Organization · N Fairfax St
- Makda Getachew, DC, Chiropractor · Dawes Ave
- Old Towne Chiropractic Services Ltd, Chiropractor · Princess St
- Orthopedic Medicine and Physical Therapy of Alexandria, Physical Therapy Clinic · Richmond Hwy
- Skopp Chiropractic, Chiropractor · Belle View Blvd
- Painfree Chiropractic & Rehab, Chiropractor · Lincolnia Rd
- Bodnar Chiropractic Center, Chiropractor · Richmond Hwy
- Alexandria Accident Injury, Chiropractor
- Skyline Wellness: Alexandria, Chiropractor · King St
Contact Your Virginia Personal Injury Attorney
Kamerow Law Firm, PLLC is experienced Personal Injury Attorneys aiding clients in every step of your case from filing claims for insurance to proving injury and utilizing local resources for your wellbeing. If you or a loved one need help with your whiplash case Contact us online or call 703-370-8088 today for a free consultation.
Slip and Fall - Virginia Law
The trendy little clothing boutique store, with black tiled flooring, is your favorite clothes stop. You go over to the clearance rack to see if you can score some less expensive new threads when all of a sudden you aren’t standing. You are now lying in a wet puddle on the floor and looking up at a ceiling that is dripping water and has some pretty obvious water damage. You try to move, but searing pain shoots down your leg. The worker on duty calls 911 and hysterically apologizes to you while your wait for them to arrive, saying he asked the manager to fix the ceiling many times. At the hospital you are told you have a broken leg. Your work involves a lot of standing and with a broken leg it will affect your ability to make ends meet. Now what?
Contact Kamerow Law for help.
What is a slip and fall accident in Virginia?
A slip and fall case, or a trip and fall case, is when a personal injury occurs due to the negligence of a person or the owner of the property by allowing the conditions that contributed to the injury from the fall. In Virginia the claim must be made in civil court within two years from the date of the incident.
What are the typical types of slip and fall cases in Virginia?
Typical cases of slip and fall occur in a public setting such as retail locations, clothing stores, shopping center, grocery stores, and areas that are often busy with high traffic. Side walks, walkways, and parking lots are also common location to slip and fall accidents as weather such as rain, ice, and snow make these places more susceptible to dangerous walking conditions.
Slip and Fall Average Settlements
Settlements vary greatly case by case. However there are some key elements that are considered when deciding on the Settlement.
- Medical bills from the injury damage (therapy, prescriptions, any future healthcare that may be needed due to the injury as well.)
- Pain and Suffering. This element is difficult to put a number or value on for the settlement. If you have sustained a long term injury that will affect you the rest of your life, such as paralysis in a hand or brain damage from the injury you are more likely to get a higher amount.
- Lost Income- The hours you missed from work and the amount of money you would have made from those hours is normally compensated. With paystubs, tax returns, and a signed note from your boss will help with being awarded lost wages in your settlement.
- Loss of earning capacity- Sometimes an injury can be so grievous that it prevents the ability to make an income at the work you did, or hinders it to the point that your work is not at the same level or to the same capacity to make the income that you were making. They may add extra to the settlement in helping you to learn new skills, or trainings to find another occupation.
- Other Expenses that occurred due to the injury.
How Does an Personal Injury Attorney Help with Slip and Fall Cases?
An attorney represents you in your slip and fall accident case. An experienced personal injury lawyers helps keep the case on track and provides the important steps that you need to have in order for your case to be successful. The sensitive timeline that you must file in, documentation of medical bills and expenses, lost wages, are all important to your case, these important factors and more will be compiled for supporting your settlement and be able to increase what you are awarded.
Contact Your Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia Attorney Today
Kamerow Law Firm, PLLC is experienced personal injury attorneys who specialize in slip and fall cases. If you or a loved one has been a victim of negligence resulting a slip and fall accident, don’t wait to get started on your time sensitive case. Contact us today for a free consultation. Call 703-370-8088.
Wrongful Death Guide in Virginia
FAQs for Wrongful Death in Virginia
It is a painful experience to lose a loved one; the pain can be even more so when the loss was done in a heartbreaking way such as with neglect, or by the actions of a person or company.
For some it may be that a company did not properly update their safety protocol leading to your loved one getting crushed on an oil rig. Or it could be that a family member who is in the nursing home was left without proper care and died due to the negligence of the care providers. No matter the case, wrongful death creates more than one victim by the actions of someone or a company. Contact Kamerow Law Firm for help.
What is the wrongful death law in Virginia?
According to section 8.01-50 of Virginia Code, “Whenever the death of a person shall be caused by the wrongful act, neglect, or default of any person or corporation, or of any ship or vessel.” If the victim had survived they would have done so with a personal injury.
Time Limit to File Wrongful Death
A wrongful death claim must be filed within two years from the death of the deceased or the court will no longer consider it.
Burden of Proof for Wrongful Death
Before the defendant is required to pay for damages in a wrongful death, there must be proof that the defendant’s actions or negligence caused the deceased’s death. There are three factors considered. The burden of proof is not measured in quantity, but quality of proof and must prove one or all of these points with credibility and will be measured by a judge and jury.
- Causation- This is when the actions of the defendant caused the wrongful death of the victim, not something else like the victim dying due to mechanical failure of their vehicle.
- Duty of Care-This is where the defendant had a duty or obligation that they did not fulfilled.
- Breach of Duty of Care- Similar to Duty of Care, however this is where the proof comes in, such as the defendant wasn’t properly handling machinery at work and did not follow safety protocol.
What is the Wrongful Death Cap?
In Virginia many people are not aware that there is a cap in wrongful death cases. Even if a jury believes that the case should be $4million awarded to the victim’s family, the attorneys must request a lower amount, such as $100,000 to stay within the wrongful death cap.
Ask a Virginia Personal Injury Attorney Today
A wrongful death attorney is an integral part of the case. They assist families in staying on the deadline of filing their case and claim, building the proof of evidence, and being familiar with the court process and presentation of case.
Kamerow Law Firm, PLLC offers professional care and experience in handling your wrongful death case. If a loved one has been a victim of negligence leading to their death, Contact us today for a free consultation. Call 703-370-8088.
Safety Tips for Driving Virginia's Dangerous Highways
In a world full of hustle and bustle, we need to navigate quickly in order to get everything done. Most of us are aware of the risks of driving, but we don’t often think of the possibilities while actually on the road. To reduce your chances of becoming a car accident statistic while driving along Virginia’s dangerous highways, there are some safety tips you should be mindful of.
It Can Wait
People today are highly driven by technology and instant communication, and we have become largely dependent on the quick ability to send and receive messages or obtain information. However, when you’re driving, this is not the time to do so. Whether you hear a message come through or want to search for the name of the band that sings the song you hear on the radio, it can wait. Every day in the United States, over 1,153 people are injured as a result of texting and driving. If you have trouble controlling the urge to check messages, turn your phone off while driving.
Considering Those in Front of You
There is little those in front of you can do to avoid your mistakes. Following others too closely can prove highly dangerous. You never know when they may need to brake quickly. Opinions vary, but most experts suggest you follow the “three second” rule. Find a stationary object outside. When you see the car in front of you pass it, begin counting. You should be able to count to three before you pass the same object. This method is simple and automatically factors in speed.
Even the best driver in the world can get in an accident. People are unpredictable, and you never know what others on the road will do. For starters, just because someone has their turn signal on doesn’t mean they intend to turn. Only turn in front of someone with their turn signal on if they are obviously slowing down. You should also check all your mirrors every time you prepare to go out.
Long Hours on the Road
On average, we spend 37,935 hours of our lives driving. That’s more than four years! With so many dangers around every corner, defensive driving is crucial. While there are aspects that are out of your control, by following these tips, you can significantly reduce your risk of injury or death.
Ask a Alexandria Car Accident Lawyer
Contact the Kamerow Law Firm if you have had a serious personal injury due to a car or truck accident. We can help you recoup your bills, lost wages and pain & suffering.