Contact Us Today
Office LocationKamerow Law Firm, PLLC
5001 Seminary Road, Suite 110
Alexandria, VA 22311
In the month of April, we are faced with one of the inevitable things in life – taxes. However, many people continue to deny the reality of another inevitable event in their lives – death. Have you been putting off estate planning too long? Kamerow Law Firm recognizes it is not an easy task to decide what will happen to your assets after you die, but it is one of the most important things you can accomplish. Not only will an effective estate plan give you peace-of-mind, but it will also remove many obstacles and hurdles for your loved ones after you pass.
Ten Reasons to Stop Putting Off Your Estate Planning
- The government will not be the entity that decides how your estate will be divided.
- The right estate plan will save your family in unnecessary taxes and legal fees.
- Your spouse may not receive property you intend for him or her to get if you do not have a will or an estate plan.
- You can avoid some taxes while you are still living if you do not put off your estate planning.
- You can ensure your children will be raised by the guardian of your choice if both parents pass.
- The right estate plan will include a durable power of attorney which ensures someone will have the authority to pay your bills and sign legal documents if you are incapacitated.
- A medical directive will give your loved ones guidance for your medical needs and desires if your condition mandate life support.
- An estate planning attorney can guide you in the best way to donate to your favorite charity to reduce estate taxes, yet still provide your family’s needs.
- With the proper mandates, your estate plan will protect your assets after your death and prevent family members from wasting what you worked hard to provide.
- Your family will not have to argue over what you desire if you should pass away unexpectedly.
Kamerow Law Firm; Estate Planning Guidance
The estate planning attorneys at Kamerow Law Firm know estate planning is not something you look forward to completing. However, you need to stop putting it off and allow our lawyers to give you the necessary guidance to ensure you have all areas covered for your family’s future needs. Contact our firm today to begin your essential estate plan.