Contact Us Today
Office LocationKamerow Law Firm, PLLC
5001 Seminary Road, Suite 110
Alexandria, VA 22311
Help In Planning a Funeral
When someone you love dies due to a negligent act of another person, it is often hard to focus on the necessary planning that needs to take place. As attorneys who have helped families through this difficult time, Kamerow Law wants to offer some helpful tips.
Steps to Take When Planning a Funeral
Planning the funeral of someone we love is a difficult and daunting task, but there are steps to take when planning that will ensure you are pleased with the outcome:
- The first step is to make transportation arrangements to have the deceased transported to the funeral home you have chosen. In some situations, the deceased may need to be transported to another city prior to being transferred to the chosen funeral home. If this is the case, you may need to contact an ambulance service or an airlines depending upon the distance.
- Contact the funeral director at the chosen funeral home to:
- discuss delivery of the deceased
- arrange a time to select a casket
- decide on other funeral products
- Plan the service to honor the deceased. In some cases, the family may wish to have a full funeral service with songs the departed favored, along with someone to officiate with a brief biographical over-view of the deceased life; in other cases, the family, and even the deceased may have arranged for burial first then a memorial service to honor the deceased at a later date, especially if family and friends are scattered in different areas of the country and unable to attend a service shortly after the death.
- Select flowers and casket arrangement
- Cemetery arrangements will need to be made as soon as possible if the deceased did not have a pre-arranged burial plot.
- Choose a monument or cemetery plaque to honor the deceased.
Additional Steps If a Wrongful Death was Involved
If you have lost a loved one due to the neglect or carelessness of another individual, the Virginia wrongful death lawyers at Kamerow Law have the compassion, determination, and experience to ensure you receive fair and just compensation for the wrongful death of your loved one. Contact us today.