Contact Us Today
Office LocationKamerow Law Firm, PLLC
5001 Seminary Road, Suite 110
Alexandria, VA 22311
Treatment for Whiplash
The Mayo Clinic defines whiplash as, “a neck injury due to forceful, rapid back-and-forth movement of the neck, like the cracking of a whip. Whiplash most often occurs during a rear-end auto accident, but the injury can also result from a sports accident, physical abuse or other trauma.” Whiplash often needs treatment as it can cause neck pain, limited motion of the neck, dizziness and many other negative side affects. For help with questions – contact Kamerow Law.
What is the Treatment for Whiplash?
Treating whiplash may be multifaceted as you are trying to manage pain, and gain proper movement back for your neck. The cases vary from an easy recovery, to extremely difficult recovery.
Managing your pain:
- Ice or Heat- A Heating pad or ice packs are helpful tools for relieving pain.
- Pain medicine- Over the counter or prescription painkillers.
- R&R- Rest and Relaxation can be beneficial immediately after an accident.
- Muscle relaxants- these will help ease your pain and can aid in sleeping
Recovering your physical health
- Your doctor may give you series of neck stretches
- A Physical Therapist may be needed to make an individualized plan for your recovery exercises.
- Chiropractic care may help with joint or manipulating the spine to a better position.
- Massage can help sore muscles and tissues.
Clinics in Alexandria, VA that treat Whiplash
- Back To Health Center, Chiropractor · Prince St
- Ortho Virginia, Orthopedic Surgeon · Duke St
- Allied Chiropractic, Chiropractor · Duke St
- Hughes Steven S MD, Orthopedic Surgeon · Duke St
- Alexandria Massage Therapy, Massage Therapist · Prince St
- Virginia Family Chiropractic, Chiropractor · Duke St
- Rosa Family Chiropractic of Alexandria, Chiropractor · Duke St
- Potomac Physical Medicine, Chiropractor · N Henry St
- Belle Haven Family Chiropractic, Chiropractor · Belle Haven Rd
- American Physical Therapy Association, Association or Organization · N Fairfax St
- Makda Getachew, DC, Chiropractor · Dawes Ave
- Old Towne Chiropractic Services Ltd, Chiropractor · Princess St
- Orthopedic Medicine and Physical Therapy of Alexandria, Physical Therapy Clinic · Richmond Hwy
- Skopp Chiropractic, Chiropractor · Belle View Blvd
- Painfree Chiropractic & Rehab, Chiropractor · Lincolnia Rd
- Bodnar Chiropractic Center, Chiropractor · Richmond Hwy
- Alexandria Accident Injury, Chiropractor
- Skyline Wellness: Alexandria, Chiropractor · King St
Contact Your Virginia Personal Injury Attorney
Kamerow Law Firm, PLLC is experienced Personal Injury Attorneys aiding clients in every step of your case from filing claims for insurance to proving injury and utilizing local resources for your wellbeing. If you or a loved one need help with your whiplash case Contact us online or call 703-370-8088 today for a free consultation.